"And so, as those who have been chosen of God, holy and beloved, put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience; bearing with one another, and forgiving each other, whoever has a complaint against any one; just as the Lord forgave you, so also should you. And beyond all these things put on love, which is the perfect bond of unity. And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body; and be thankful.........COLOSSIANS 3: 12-15

Friday, February 24, 2012

A Mother's Heart Speaks......


A Mother’s Heart Speaks…….

         As a Mother that gave birth to three AMAZING  and healthy daughters, I honestly never gave a thought to Infertility, nor the possibility that any of my girls would ever have trouble conceiving a child of their own. When we first found out that our daughter Jessa was struggling with Infertility, my first reaction was to be angry with God.
         Knowing that Jessa and her wonderful husband Erik pour their energy, talent, time, and beyond.... into daily serving and ministering to kids, I always assumed that they would naturally have children of their own…..( even though they often call all the Modesto Youth their kids ! )
         After wrestling with God about this for a while….I now know in my heart and soul that His plans are far more perfect than any I might have desired concerning Jessa and Erik’s future children and my future Grandchildren.
         As I read Jessa’s Blog and hear their hearts when they talk about adopting a child from Ethiopia, I know they are the PERFECT couple to be taking this journey. It will be a long, difficult, expensive, and sometimes just plain hard, but I am confident that the Lord will place in their arms the perfect child that needs Jessa and Erik’s love. They will be blessed and they will be wonderful parents. Their child will learn about the Lord and will be loved by many…..
         So…..my mother’s heart is at peace and ready to embrace this journey with Jessa and Erik. I will anxiously await to fall in love with the gift God will be giving them….

         Please read Jessa’s Blog If their story touches you and you want to contribute something…......you too can be "Rhythms of Grace" and part of their story.




               http://www.theandersonwayoflife.blogspot.com/p/adoption.html




1 comment:

  1. We could not...at all...do any of this without the support and the love that we have received from you guys. Thank you for raising me to understand a simple, humble, and beautiful picture of God's love and care for others. We love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete